Monday, May 2, 2011

May 2, 2011


May 2, 2011 Monday

“As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. Isaiah 55:9-11

UFO’s

Have you been sighting a lot of UFOs around your house? In The Artist’s Magazine, September 2003, author Tera Leigh wrote about “UFOs” as unfinished objects—and how I could identify! I begin projects with enthusiasm, but when I’m about 50-90 % complete I start another one, promising myself that I’ll get back to the last one.

A few years ago, a preacher who didn’t know I was plagued with UFOs, told me that God was giving me wisdom to complete projects. And slowly He has been. If you are reading this, I’m getting better.

Letting go of perfectionism is a step towards completing a project. In the September 2004 Writer’s Digest, Donna G. Albrecht quoted, “Done is better than perfect.” I now have it posted on my bulletin board.

God who is perfect doesn’t lock us up in some heavenly drawer because we are imperfect. So I’ll trust Him that if He can use imperfect people, He can use imperfect poetry and other writing as I complete them and turn them loose. And it is my prayer that God will use my words to convey His truths and “accomplish his desire and achieve the purpose for which He sent it.”




Wonderful Winter Walks

When I was a teen, one of my best friends
lived up the mountain on a country road.
After a thick snow, another friend and I
would don winter layers and hike up
for a visit. Beauty hung on every branch,
each tree an artistic masterpiece.
Our laughter muffled in white insulation,
accompanied by the rhythm of the snow
scrunching beneath our feet.
We’d breathe in the cold, clean air
feeling like woodland creatures,
part of the scenery and very much alive.

No comments: