Thursday, September 8, 2011

Baker's Dozen prompt Cento--poem consisting of other poets' lines

Morning Celebration

The sky rejoices in the morning’s birth
He sings each song twice over
Ye stars! which are the poetry of heaven!
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance
Ne’er saw I, never felt a calm so deep
The self-same Power that brought me there brought you
--Connie Peters

There was a Roaring in the Wind William Wordsworth The sky rejoices in the morning’s birth
Home-Thoughts From Abroad Robert Browning He sings each song twice over
Ye Stars Lord Byron Ye stars! which are the poetry of heaven!
Daffodils William Wordsworth Tossing their heads in sprightly dance
Upon Westminister Bridge William Wordsworth Ne’er saw I, never felt a calm so deep
The Rhodora By Ralph Waldo Emerson The self-same Power that brought me there brought you




The Skirmishing of Sound

There was a roaring in the wind
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
Dull would he be of soul who could pass by
Fifty different sharps and flats
This charm is wasted on earth and sky

--Lori Peters (my daughter who dictated this over the phone)

William Wordsworth, Lewis Carol, William Wordsworth, Robert Browning, Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Linda H. said...

OMG, Connie. How did you do that so fast? I love it.

I started and stopped three with nothing to show.

You rock!