Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Poetic Asides prompt Remix old poem

My original poem:

Walking in the Rain

Enjoying the dramatic cloud paintings,
chilled but exhilarated.
Glad to relive childhood experiences
when walking in the rain was a common thing.
Pelted by hail, but not minding.
Half wishing someone would offer a ride,
but knowing I’d refuse one, anyway.
Entering our property the back way.
Coming in dripping wet,
changing into warm, dry clothes
and brushing my wet, tangled hair,
A little disappointed at my family’s lack of concern,
but most of all thankful for walking in the rain.


Remix (Nove Otto from Poetic Bloomings)

Walking in the Rain

Dramatic clouds paint the slate sky
Walking in rainstorm feeling high
Memories near from childhood days
Hail pelts me but I do not mind
A ride may come from someone kind
But I’d refuse it anyways
Home, I brush my tangled, wet hair  
Stung, my family shows no care
But my childlike rainy joy stays

No comments: