Sunday, October 23, 2011

PB Life's a Little Weird

My Life’s a Little Different

I dry my hair.
He jumps up and down beside me.
I burn my finger.
She laughs.
I vacuum the floor.
He hugs the vacuum cleaner.
We have fun chatting,
even though she can’t talk.
I delight in his music
as he plays the vacuum cleaner hose.
I’m busy writing a novel
and she wants me to arrange
dozens of items on her lap in order.
I shop as I push her in her wheelchair
and he follows behind the cart.
I have to be careful where I put my teabags
so he doesn’t eat them.
I brush my teeth
and I brush theirs.
I do my exercises.
He wants to dance.
I wake up in the morning saying hello
as she says hello back.
I relax in the living room
and in he walks
with his pants around his ankles.
The calendar says October
and she’s ready for Christmas.
I pray in the morning
and he drools on my head.
Life’s a little weird sometimes.