Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3 Sort of...

Sort of Romantic

I never felt so alone
as I did on the beach
at the Gulf in Mississippi.
I could be abducted
and no one would ever know.
But who needed a villain?
My broken heart could have killed me
right there on the rough sand.
I watched a couple
playing in the water.
They were into each other.
Not just physically.
I could tell by their laughter
and teasing, they enjoyed
each other’s company.
The water wasn’t deep.
They walked together
toward the horizon
until I could barely see them.
I thought that’s how it
would be for us.
And the grief
began to dig and stab,
but then I heard a voice
from within,
“I’m with you.
“I love you.”
I thought of Hagar
in the Bible,
ready to die in the desert
when God spoke to her.  
She called Him,
“The God who sees me.”
He is the God who sees me,
and the God who loves me.
It was sort of romantic.

No comments: