Tuesday, March 25, 2014

revised wha triversan

A Call to Write

I have been writing
thirty plus years; I wonder,
when did I first get the call?

When  Dad read to me
in his monotone about
the cute family dragon?

When Mom allowed me
to put Little Golden Books
in the grocery cart each week?

In fifth grade when I
picked up paper and pencil
to write my first mystery?

When I took my first
children’s fiction writing course
or went to a conference?

When  a publisher
accepted a story or
when I wrote my first novel?

When I self-published
a poetry book, or when
my piece appeared in a book?

When I was assigned
five devotions a month with
a national ministry?

I long to worship
and serve Him in all I do,
writing is just one of them.

I aim to explore
God’s love through fiction and non,
poetry and devotions.

Was it the Lord’s call  
 or was it just Him using
what I offered back to Him? 

No comments: