Sunday, May 12, 2019

PAD 8-3 Lucky Number



Lucky Day

I don’t really have a lucky number,
but I have a  lucky day, May 17th.
It seems like every year, something good
happens on that particular day.

It’s the day I flew to Cheyenne, Wyoming,
the summer I met my husband.
It’s the day I found out
I was expecting my daughter.

Visited a PA friend I hadn’t seen since I was a teen.
Watched a sheep herding demonstration and
enjoyed an evening of entertainment in Scotland.
Had a fun day in Mesa, AZ with my kids.

Taught at a local writers conference.
Won a poetry contest at a national writers conference.
Traveled to Greeley in miraculous weather.
Got devotions published in Quiet Hour.

I can’t remember every May 17th
but I know I haven’t been disappointed.
I look forward to May 17th
hoping for something delightful.

No comments: