Monday, September 2, 2019

Poetic Bloomings hobbies


Hobbies

Being well rounded applies to more than my physique.
I have a plethora of hobbies I tend to each week.
Jigsaw puzzles to remind me to take one task at a time.
Writing stories, for adults and kids, and poems that may rhyme.
Drawing and painting in mostly acrylic.
To paint Plein Air, to me, is idyllic.
I’m always itching to travel to somewhere new.
The places I don’t want to go, truly are few.
I love to read novels, poems, and memoirs galore,
And to browse used book shops to see what’s in store.
I enjoy hiking mountain trails till I can barely move.
At times I dance when getting in the groove.
I’m learning to play the ukulele and can play the Hokey Pokey.
I like to sing around the campfire even if it’s smoky.
Kayaking in the lake or bay always is a thrill.
And riding bikes, I enjoy, especially downhill.
I like to crochet, mostly blankies for newborns.
And to brush out alpacas before they are shorn.
I took a photography class and love snapping photos.
I like to go snow-shoeing whenever it snows.
As you can tell, I can go on and on.
But I best get to bed because I’m heading west at dawn.







No comments: