Saturday, February 25, 2023

Just Wondering

 

Gee Thanks

 

Since I’ve been overweight

I’m always surprised

by the people who tell you

that you need to diet and exercise,

as if you’ve never heard it

or even thought of it before.

That you haven’t tried 20-30 diets

and haven’t put yourself through contortions

or walked several miles and back daily.

 

They seem to think

that now they’ve enlightened you,

you will get your act together,

do all the right exercises,

eat all the right food

and hey presto you’ll soon be thin

and beautiful like they are.

 

Do they expect me to say?

“Gee, I never thought of that.

Thank you so much!

I’ll start today.

I’ll be eternally grateful for your advice!”

 

Or should I say,

Why don’t you mind your business

and work on your own flaws,

like your insensitivity?

No comments: