Thursday, February 9, 2012

Feb 6 Monday

Come Into My Trap 

Lord, somehow I’ve trapped myself
into doing what I don’t want to do.
Each day is filled with must-do tasks
inside the house alone, stifled,
when all I want to do is go out
and have some fun in fresh air.  

And when I have time for prayer
I crowd it out with useless things
like watching TV or rechecking email.
Why am I avoiding You?
Is it because I’m afraid
you’ll tell me everything I’m doing
is wrong and I’m wasting my life?  

God, I look to You
and place all my to-dos in Your hands.
You are my hope and strength.
You are all that really matters.
Yet, because You are so important,
You make small things valuable. 

So I give to You the small things.
And I ask that you dwell in them.
When I make breakfast.
When I write a poem.
When I clean the toilet.
When I go shopping.
When I take a walk.
When I make plans.
When I help someone.
When I breathe in and out.
I ask that You dwell in it. 

May Your perfect will be done.
And Your name be honored
in all I think say and do.
And whatever I do, may I love
whoever you put in my path
in whatever way possible.
I love You,  Holly Trinity.

No comments: