Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Poetic Asides What blank think, cascade poem

What I Think 

The sky is bluer than it ought to be.
Though February, the sun shines brightly.
The air is fresh and spring-like, but no wind.
I walk, clearing my mind as autos pass.

The call has gone out early this new year,
the yearning to go beyond the mundane—
my life I somehow unwittingly made.
The sky is bluer than it ought to be.

I deal with my stuff and the world still spins.
Each day the sun rises and life goes on.
I feel dull, alone, insignificant.
Though February, the sun shines brightly.  

I’m grateful I don’t have major problems.
I drift along on an untroubled sea,
no turbulent stressors rocking my boat.
The air is fresh and spring-like, but no wind. 

I must learn to have patience with doldrums,
keeping steady, knowing wind will pick up,
when I’ll sail along adventurously.
I walk, clearing my mind as autos pass.

1 comment:

Matt D said...

Journeys
and adventures
sometimes cease us
unexpectedly.

I feel a sense of calm reading your poem.