Monday, November 3, 2014

PAD blanket

The Silky Quilt

Doodles, Noodles, Snickerdoodles
Twinkle, Winkle, Sprinkle
Lily, Tilly, Milly and Spark
played together all day long.

Wherever Twinkle went,
whatever she did,
and especially when she went to bed,
she carried her silky quilt.

Her silky quilt was tattered and torn.
The colors were faded.
The edges were frayed.
But she loved it a lot.

The fairies played Hide and Seek.
When Twinkle hid up in a tree,
she said, “Mama Robin, don’t tell on me.”
“I m too busy making my nest,” Mama Robin mumbled.

The fairies played Leap Bug.
Twinkle said, “Don’t eat my bug, Mama Robin.”
“I won’t,” said Mama Robin.
“I’m too busy making my nest.”

The fairies played I Spy.
“I spy Mama Robin,” Twinkle said.
“I’m too busy to play.  I’m building my nest.”
Mama Robin fluttered off with something in her mouth.

When it was time to go to bed,
Twinkle looked high and low for her quilt.
Twinkle said, “I can’t go to bed without my silky quilt.”
She crossed her arms and frowned.

All the fairies looked about.
But they could not find her silky quilt.
“Did you see my silky quilt?” Twinkle asked Mama Robin.
“No. I’ve been too busy making my nest. And I’m almost done.”

“The edges may be frayed,” said Twinkle.
 “It’s all torn up, ripped and raggedy.
The green and pink and purple have faded.
But I can’t go to bed without my silky quilt!”

“Uh-oh,” said Mama Robin.
She tugged at a thread.
“Does this belong to your silky quilt?”
Twinkle flew into Mama Robin’s new nest.

Her silky quilt was woven in with twigs and ribbon.
Twinkle cried. “I can’t go to sleep without my silky quilt!”
Mama Robin said, “Don’t cry!”
She tugged and tugged and tugged.

Mama Robin gave Twinkle her silky quilt.
But her nest was now a mess.
Twinkle said, “I’m sorry about your nest.
But I can’t sleep without my silky quilt.”

Twinkle soon was sound asleep with her silky quilt,
but dreamed all night about poor Mama Robin
and her mess of a nest.
In the morning, Twinkle had an idea.

She gathered up some fluff from a bunny’s tail,
some fuzz from her mother’s robe,
some silk from her old dress.
She gave them to Mama Robin.

Twinkle spent all day helping Mama Robin.
She worked very hard rebuilding the nest.
In the evening, Twinkle was so tired,
she went to sleep without her silky quilt. 

No comments: