Wednesday, March 28, 2018

March 27 WD fun poem


Grocery Store Haunting

My daddy liked his Klondike bars.
My mama liked her pies.
And I like almost every sweet,
but ends upon my thighs.

So, when I shop I try my best
To buy those healthy foods.
Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and milk,
My list always includes.

But odd things happen on some days.
It’s true, I cross my heart.
Some Klondike bars mischievously
Will sneak into my cart.

On, other days I’m being good
But pies will jump in, too.
And all of this may sound farfetched,
But I tell you it’s true.

When I go home with all my treats
And hubby asks me why.
Then I explain that Mom, though dead,
She does still like her pie.

And Daddy loves his ice cream bars,
The Klondike ones the most.
But hubby never quite believes
I shop with both their ghosts.

No comments: