Thursday, June 3, 2021

Poetic Asides/ Poetic Bloomings 15-1 Blank Story

 First Flight in a Small Plane Story

 

I had never flown in a small plane

so when my daughter and I

took  a road trip to the northwest,

we scheduled a flight over desert canyons

near Vernal, Utah. Though she

was prone to air sickness, she was game

 and had her Dramamine with her.

 

However, we had a chance to go early

so we did. She didn’t take her pills

until right before we took off. We flew

over the red desert canyons and the pilot

told us stories about the area. I marveled

at the thin metal between us and 2,000 feet.

Lori got sick, but he had his supply of barf bags.

 

When our flight was over

Lori crawled into the back of the van

where we had our bed made up.

I asked her how to get out of there.

She pointed to the parking lot exit

and passed out. The Dramamine

had finally taken effect. I followed

the sun and found the highway.

Off we went for more adventures.

 

 

No comments: