Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Push Poetic Asides

 

A Helpful Push

 

A fair to midland day at last,

Between the storms of snow.

Invited to friend’s mountain home,

That day, is where I’d go.

 

I hadn’t seen her for a while.

We walked on her plowed drive.

For snow was high, four feet or so.

Temp dropped to twenty-five.

 

I saw her winter wonderland,

And smiled and said good bye.

I’d head downhill to my town home

Where snow was not that high.

 

With snow shoes on she walked her dog.

I headed out the lane.

I nearly made it to the road,

But ice was quite insane.

 

And there I sat until she came

And gave a little push.

The car was stubborn, stayed stuck there.

It wasn’t in a rush.

 

So she called friends to get some help.

Then I was on my way.

I thanked them all for the push out.

Now, home is where I’ll stay.


No comments: