Saturday, May 27, 2023

animal PAD 20-1

 My Favorite Animal

 

My favorite animal’s the fox

Or perhaps it’s the porcupine

The elephant is smart and wise

The tortoise is a fave of mine

 

I like large dogs like St. Bernards

Newfoundlands, Huskies and Great Danes

Graceful gazelles with waggly tails

Baby goats seem to bounce on springs

 

An old tortoise is impressive

Raccoons with their dexterous paws

Hippopotamuses are cute

But watch out for those massive jaws

 

I won’t forget the humpback whale

I love the beautiful barred owl

Playful otters are favorites

Even wolves with their eerie howl

 

I love the tall, gentle giraffes

Black panthers and calico cats

Koalas, sloths and chimpanzees

Penguins, parrots, flying fox bats

 

Geckos, squirrels, and the octopus

The platypus and polar bear

The big horn sheep and bush babies

Highland cattle with their wild hair

 

Horses, zebras, dolphins, lions

Sandhill cranes and the kangaroo

I think I have missed my calling

To be a keeper at a zoo

No comments: