Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Love PAD 18-3

 Judy

 

The second oldest

of my four sisters,

six years apart.

Growing up

we weren't close, 

only in proximity, 

with seven of us 

in a small house.

 

I remember her chasing

me down the hallway,

her cornering me 

in the backroom 

and me screaming 

bloody murder. She said,

“I didn't even touch you.”

Yes, that was the idea.

 

After my first year in college, 

she invited me to Wyoming 

for the summer.

It was a strange land

compared to Pennsylvania.

Though we still had rows

we made many fond

memories we still recount,

climbing at Vedauwoo,

the “Bonanza effect”
when we’d be running to the bathroom
after eating at our favorite restaurant,

and after one of our adventures

me saying, “I’m too hungry to sleep

and too tired to eat!”

 

Now our lives our similar.

Retired or semi-retired,

have disabled husbands,

and we like to travel.

We’ve been to Scotland,

Ireland, Florida, Hawaii,

California, Kenya, and,

hopefully soon, to France,

England, Wales

and Northern Ireland.

 

I’ve always loved her,

but never the warm and fuzzy love,

but that’s changing.

I very much admire

my sister Judy.

 

 

 

No comments: