Tuesday, September 12, 2023

Contemplation

 God and the Cat in the Hat

 

I feel like I’m juggling again,

like in “The Cat in the Hat.”

“’That’s not all I can do’” said the cat.

“That’s what the cat said,

then he fell on his head.”

 

Working at the nature center,

speaking for a women’s group,

housework, yardwork,

writing devotions for ministry

caregiving for a man with autism

 

walking, meals, errand-running,

going to church, learning Spanish

practicing the ukulele

writing a poem a day

praying with two friends each week.

 

And I’m binging on NCIS

which I can’t understand half the time.

Need to get my flu shot.

Need to get my ears checked.

Need to research Medicare

 

But above all,

I need to seek You first

Lord, I trust as I do,

all these other things

will find their place.

No comments: