Monday, September 11, 2023

Sunday August 20th Lake Geneva Trip

 Another Pre-reunion


Woke up in Lincoln about seven

Headed for the church in Plattesmouth

Got there fifteen minutes late

Then another ten with hubby’s potty break

 

Linda met us and sat with us.

It was very dark in there.

Why are so many churches

Set up like a theatre?

 

A guy rambled about giving.  

Christian 101.

Grace was baptized.

A woman rambled about her ministry.

 

Maybe I was just tired,

but I was glad when it ended.

We took communion,

but not together.

 

Loren and I were “extras”

to Grace and Grayson’s parties.

I gave them their elephants.

They didn’t seem too impressed.

 

We ate doughnuts.

Then we had lunch in a good café

in Nebraska city.

Life is short, eat dessert first.

 

Settled back in Lincoln.

Took a nap.

Sloppy Joes for supper.

Made calendar for reunion.

 

Life seemed to be in slo-mo today.

Tomorrow drive to Wisconsin

For the family reunion

Though I feel I’ve had three already.

 

No comments: