Friday, October 20, 2023

Morning reflection

 Almost 65

 

I’m turning 65.

How would I describe

this part of my life?

It wasn’t what I expected.

Not sure what I did expect.

When hubby and I got married,

I had visions of spreading the gospel,

saving the world.

 

Comparing my vision

to what my reality is,

let me see….

I feel like a little spring violet

compared to a field of sunflowers.

Lovely, but fragile, easily overlooked.

 

I didn’t expect Loren to be disabled at this point.

I didn’t expect I’d be working three part-time jobs:

Writing, teaching homeschoolers nature, care giving

I thought my writing would be more productive.

I never thought I’d be asked to preach,

as I have twice this year.

 

I have a nice little home

and a beautiful yard, finally.

My kids are doing fair to midland.

 

I’ve traveled more than I expected.

Scotland, France, England, Wales

Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland,

The Caribbean, Kenya, Peru, Canada,

all fifty states plus Puerto Rico.  

 

I’m still trying, unsuccessfully,

to get my body in shape.

My spiritual life is a still pond,

rather than a roaring ocean.

 

Where am I going?

What are my goals?

Will I ever get much beyond this point?

I feel like I’m on a stationary bike.

Pedaling away.

Getting nowhere,

except closer to eternity.

Ready or not, here I come.

No comments: