Saturday, February 3, 2024

Farewell Poetic Bloomings

 Farewell

 

Goodbye, two thousand twenty-three

The most part, you were good to me

Though you gave us quite a bad start

Through son’s bad health of brain and heart

 

But that smoothed out, he’s doing fine

His sister helped him through that time

For months Sis and I planned our trip

Like a block of ice, we did chip

 

Much to plan for France and U.K

We did bit by bit every day

But I renewed my passport late

Received two days before the date

 

Told Sis, May the fourth be with you

And prayed that God would see us through

We toured Paris, Normandy, and

London, Wales and all of Ireland

 

In July, I went to Peru,

A mission trip with much to do

Hot, poor and crowded, kids with smiles

Held sloth, parrot and some reptiles

 

In August, Shannon reunion

In Lake Geneva, Wisconsin

Living it up at a resort

Had lots of fun is my report

 

Our travels weren’t through for the year

Went to retreat with friends so dear

You ended with daughter and son

In Arizona for some fun

 

In between times that I did roam

I took care of our yard and home.

I wrote, spoke and did caregiving

Taught homeschoolers nature living

 

Goodbye, two thousand twenty-three

The most part, you were good to me

No comments: