Sunday, February 4, 2024

Last line as first Poetic Bloomings

 Two Walking Companions

 

As my dog and I ended our last walk today,

I couldn’t help but think I’d rather have a cat.

A cat would stay inside the cozy house and play,

but a venturesome dog wouldn’t put up with that.

 

On the other hand, his companionship is great.

And his eyes adore me as if I were his queen.

And it’s as good for me as it is good for him,

to get outside in fresh air and enjoy each scene.

 

The reddish bluffs in the south past an open field,

The small homes huddled midst woodstove smoke to the west,

The Utah mountains in the distance to the north,

and the eastern view of snowy peaks is the best.

 

I take time to think of the blessings God gives me,

and with each step I feel His warm love as I pray.

And I thanked the Lord for my rambunctious smart pup,

as my dog and I ended our last walk today.

 

as my dog and I ended our last walk today. William Preston

No comments: