Monday, February 5, 2024

Of Course Poetic Asides

 Videography 101

 

We (my niece, her Irish husband,

my traveling sister and I)

rode through the Irish countryside

one Sunday afternoon.

 

We spied a young sheep out of the fence.

Josh stopped the car and Meg jumped out.

As we watched her chase the sheep nearly

to the horizon, we wondered if she’d return.

 

But she somehow turned the sheep around

and they both came running toward us,

my determined niece, with long hair flying

and the panicked wooly sheep.

 

Glad to have video on my new cell phone,

I set the function and followed along.

Josh ran toward them, they grabbed the sheep,

struggling, they heaved it over the fence.

 

A sheep doesn’t land gracefully,

but with a thud and a tumble.

We watched worriedly as it stood up,

and ran off with its friends.

 

That’s when I learned, of course,

you have to push the red record button.  

No comments: