Friday, March 30, 2012

Dancing in a House of Cards 

Lord, when I think
of all the things that can go wrong,
I feel like I’m living
in the proverbial house of cards.
One misplaced breath
will bring it all down.
I can’t imagine
going through life
without Your care,
Your vow to answer prayer,
Your admonition, “Fear not!,"
Your example of the birds of the air
and the lilies of the field.
So I thank You for Your protection,
provisions and promise
 of eternal life in Christ.
And I pray for those unaware
of Your existence
and how generous You are.
Please, open their eyes!

1 comment:

Vaccinius said...

That was a nice prayer! "Please, open their eyes!"

NICE TO KNOW

Every bird which falls from heaven
by The lord is let to die.
That is nice to know since even
I am more worth Jesus by.

Lilies do not toil or spin.
But perceive how they are dressed!
Solomon could use that skin.
Certainly I will be blessed!