Monday, August 31, 2020

PAD 2 Poetic Bloomings favorite food


Ham and Cheese Crepe

I’ve only had it once, but that day
it was the best meal I’ve ever tasted.
Maybe it was the salty sea air
of Galway Bay, Ireland on Inisheer
the smallest of the three Aran islands.
Maybe it was because we had just walked
seven kilometres past hundreds of rock walls,
past the wreck of the Plassey, a rusted out ship,
and uphill to Dun Aengus, ruins of a Bronze Age fort.
I got the crepe at a little make-shift stand along the shore.
I watched as she poured the batter in a large pan,
loaded it up with ham, cheese, onions
and some kind of condiment, folded it nicely
and handed it over to her hungry customer.
I still remember how delicious it tasted
as we rested and waited for the boat
to take us back by the Cliffs of Moher.

No comments: