Tuesday, August 4, 2020

PAD Challenge 30-1 praise


Glory
“Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang: ‘He is good; his love endures forever.’ Then the temple of the Lord was filled with the cloud, and the priests could not perform their service because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the temple of God.” (2 Chronicles 5:13-14 NIV)

At the dedication of the temple,
God, You, showed up.
I praise You for many things,
creation, love, forgiveness
holiness, eternal power.
But Your glory sets me in awe.

In the presence of Your glory
fire falls, priests can’t stand,
people hit the pavement to worship You.
Your glory is unique to You.
No one even comes close.
I praise You for Your glory.

Thank You for the times
that I’ve tasted even drops of it
during worship, out in nature
in prayer, or by that still, small voice.
My heart sings, “You are good
and Your love endures forever.”

No comments: