Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Writing to God

Holy, Holy, Holy! 

Lord, I sit here at the kitchen table amazed
when I think of this scene in heaven
depicted in Revelation 4:1-11.
All the wonders and mysteries
All the light, vibrant colors and beauty
Life on earth is merely a blip on the radar.
A shadow
A wisp
It's nothing compared to eternity in heaven.
God, help me be the woman You want me to be.
Show me how I fit into all of this.
I will dare to believe that, despite my faults and shortcomings and sin,
You have something great planned for me
here on earth and in heaven.
I know You’ve given me a special gift with my writing and poetry,
but I also know if You want to use something else, You can.
But I’m a little excited about the possibilities.
I just pray that You gift me to express Your truths,
Your character, Your love, Your intentions.
You are worthy to be praised.
I pray that everything in me,
Everything that I think, say, write, paint, sing and do
will join in the chorus of the 24 elders,
Holy, holy, holy
is the Lord God Almighty,
who was, and is, and is to come.
11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”

No comments: