Sunday, January 30, 2022

Beginning/End #1 Poetic Asides Challenge Nov 30

 Winding Down and Winding Up

 

Yesterday began my life after vacation,

feeling the need for a vacation from my vacation.

Setting up for a new month at home

and then a new year.

Running to the post office.

Buying groceries.

Gassing up the car.

Attempting to get back into exercise

and eating right.

Giving myself a pep talk

after a five-pound gain.

Making my long to-do list.

I even have a list of lists.

Today’s a doc appointment, a writing deadline

and the finishing up the November Challenge

with regret that I didn’t read and comment more.

Thank You, Lord, for the PAD Challenge,

for Robert, the poets, and the comments

and encouragement I received

and the well-crafted, intriguing poems

that are in abundance on this site.

 

 

 

No comments: