Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Response #1 Poetic Asides Challenge Nov 24

 

Rooted, Built Up, Strengthened and Overflowing

 

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7

 

Thank You, Jesus,

that when I was fourteen

I received You as Lord,

continuing to live my life in You.

 

Rooted in You like those elms

in my yard, which are hard to get rid of.

 

Built up in You,

like one of the old castles

I saw in Scotland

established for generations.

 

Strengthened in my faith

like Brian Shaw lifted 975 pounds.

 

Help me remember

all the things You taught me

through sermons, the Bible,

prayer, and my daily living.

 

May thankfulness pour out of me

like water flows over the Niagara Falls.

No comments: