Thursday, January 27, 2022

Next #1 Poetic Asides Challenge Nov 29

 Post Vacation Disorientation

 

Coming back from vacation

I always feel a bit disoriented

like waking up from a dream.

What was I doing when I left

that seemed so important

at the time? A look back,

shows caregiving, writing,

housekeeping, church involvement

walking, errands and such.

 

What’s next?

More of the same and Christmas!

Thank You, Lord, for all the Christmas

ornaments I collected from my travels

and I have two more to add,

a Carpinteria Christmas ball

made by high school students,

containing sand and sea shells

and a ceramic mama and baby seal.

 

When I see it I’ll think of the harbor seals

we watched laying on the beach as if dead,

except the little ones who liked to play

and the adults who’d scoot to the ocean

to go fishing or come back in slowly

waiting for waves to give them a little push.

I feel like a lazy seal waiting for a push

of inspiration and motivation.

No comments: