Thursday, January 13, 2022

Response #2 Poeitc Asides Challenge Nov 24

 Driven Along 

 

The ship was caught by the storm and could not head into the wind; so we gave way to it and were driven along. Acts 27:15

 

After driving all day from California,

through busy Thanksgiving traffic,

tired, achy, hungry, looking forward

to being with my kids in Mesa, Arizona,

we entered Phoenix during rush hour—

not only rush hour but holiday rush hour.

 

It was dark, rainy part of the way,

my car smelled like oil which worried me

and gave me a headache.

It was bumper to bumper, stop and go

and then thousands of cars going 70 mph

eight to twelve lanes with glaring lights.

And I felt like Paul must have felt in the storm

caught in the flow and the rush.

Driven along.

 

But like You spoke to Paul,

You calmed my spirit as I focused

on staying in my lane and keeping up the pace.

Thank You that we made it to Mesa

sound in body and mind (mostly).

And then I slept for nine hours.

 

No comments: