Thursday, July 27, 2023

Trip 27

 May 27, 2023

 

Meg and I walked and snapped pictures

of us by the Moygashel sign.

She introduced me to the local park,

very green and shady, a bridge,

a waterfall, a duck family,

a large metal butterfly

waiting to be planted

into a multitude of colors.

 

Sis and Josh joined us.

We went to ONeill’s Hill

where an elaborate police barracks

stood like a castle,

designed to be in India

but with mixed-up plans

found its home in Ireland.

 

On to County Antrim.

Lunch ordered at a window,

but eaten in the dining room.

I got two sausage rolls,

one would have been enough.


Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge,

one hundred feet above the sea.

Fifteen pounds a pop

to walk across it.

I thought they should pay me.

Almost said no.

Sis provided for two tickets,

I forked over fifteen,

reserving the right to renege.

 

Lots of rocky steps

Rough, green terrain by the sea.

Intimidating steep stairway to the bridge.

Josh, Meg and me

with “Don’t look, take a step,

Don’t look, take a step”

getting me across the bridge.

 

More beautiful scenery

And old fishermen’s hut

Picture taking

The bridge again

“Don’t look, take a step.”

And back up the hill

with rubbery legs.

 

On to Giants Causeway

Multitudes of rocks

in geometric shapes.

Fun climbing

And the ever-beautiful ocean.

 

On to overlook

of Dunluce Castle ruins.

Dizzying heights

Beautiful rugged rocks,

Sea, purple, yellow, pink wildflowers

 

A long wait for dinner,

by the beach in the car

protected against cold rain.

 

What did I order?

Finally eating.

Too spicy to eat.

Judy helped me out with her dinner.

I turned over the spicy food

to Meg and Josh for takeout.

 

Ice cream

Meg and I running down the street,

ice cream cones dripping.

Meg laughing.

Finding Josh and Judy in the car.

I got a tub and thought to be wise.

 

Arrive at Meg’s at midnight

Took down laundry, journaled,

made it to bed before 1.

No comments: