Saturday, November 13, 2021

Party #1 Poetic Asides Challenge Nov 4

Let’s Party!

 

Thank You, Lord, that these seven days

of caring for chickens, bunnies, dogs,

fish, cats and Jake

and staying at his house at nights

are up, or will be this afternoon,

when his mom comes home. 

 

Thank you they're all still alive

and except for a scratch on my arm

from the chicken coop

and a sore shoulder from carrying

Jake’s gym bag of DVD's,

I am no worse for wear. 

 

Thank you for the book of devotions,

reminding me to be thankful,

which I read while Jake did his “autism dance”,

buzzing and repeatedly listening to movie blurbs.

Thank you for the special moments

of smiles and face strokes.

 

And a time of actual communication

when, like Lassie led an adult

to help Timmy out of danger,

Jake led me to a wall puzzle

he’d bumped off one of its pins

and I was able to put it right.

 

Thank You that all went fairly smoothly 

these seven days of care giving,

but now it's about over

and I get my life back.

That’s cause for celebration.

Let's party!

 


No comments: