Monday, November 1, 2021

Poetice Bloomings Horror title

  

Night of the Demons

 

It was thirty-some years ago

when the kids were still little.

Hubby was having mental health issues

with bipolar disorder.

Over the previous months,

he had had manic episodes.

I felt widowed and re-widowed

as his normal thinking came and went.

 

That night, we woke up about 3 AM,

him with his weird energy

and me feeling like the world was out of alignment.

We didn’t know why we were awake,

or what to say or how to pray.

We just chattered nervously.

Then the phone rang.

 

It was someone making a collect call

asking if we’d accept the charges.

We didn’t know who it was.

I declined.

It added to the weirdness.

I don’t know when we finally slept.

But we woke up with Hubby calm

and me feeling like the world

was still spinning on its axis.

 

But I often wonder what was going

on that night in the unseen world.

No comments: