Saturday, November 20, 2021

Location #2 Poetic Asides Challenge Nov 6

 Anticipating Carpinteria California 

 

Thank you, Lord, for all the places I've traveled.

All fifty states, Puerto Rico

and other Caribbean countries.

Scotland, Ireland, Canada and bits of Mexico. 

 

Thank you for our plans

to see our son and daughter

in sunny Phoenix

and perhaps escape a Colorado snowstorm. 

 

Thank you for plans

to see two of my sisters in Carpinteria, California.

I've been there a couple of times. 

We’ll go there next week, if You're willing. 

 

Thanks for ocean, the beaches,

the tide pools filled with interesting creatures

such as the sea anemones, looking like moss rings

that try to eat your finger. 

 

Thank you, Lord, for the bent tree

I used to sit in and read books

when my sister was at work,

 with the smell of eucalyptus in the air.

 

Thank you for the harbor

filled with boats, noisy harbor seals and seagulls.

Thank you for the fun little shops

where I like to buy souvenirs from local artists.

 

Thank you for sisters

laughing, teasing, playing games,

eating out, shopping and snapping pictures.

The warm hellos and the sad goodbyes.

 

Thank You for Your love

and all the good things You provide

that make my life

enjoyable and interesting.

 

 

No comments: