Sunday, November 7, 2021

Ready or Not #1 Poetic Asides Challenge Nov 2

 

Magnificently Blessed

 

Ready or not the day has started

and here I sit at 6 AM.

So I put on my “thanking cap”

and transform—zip, zowie, and wham!

 

I put off the fear, worries and regrets

and then focus on You, Lord.

I’ve got a lot to do today.

Spending time on them, I can’t afford.

 

So. thank You, Lord, for this new day.

The dogs and cats waiting to be fed.

Fish, rabbits and chickens, too.

And Jacob in his bed.

 

Thank You for my hubby

who waits alone at home.

Thank You for the money I earn

to use while we roam.

 

Thank You for my friend’s house,

kind of like a museum

with posters, pictures and knick-knacks,

enclose in glass for all to see ‘em.

 

Thank You, Lord, for coolness

of fine November air.

Thank You for Autumn beauty

we experience each year.

 

But of all the good things you give,

Creator God, You’re the best.

To have You as my Father,

I am magnificently blessed.

No comments: