Thursday, November 16, 2017

PAD 16 A poem to the world

Dear World,

They call Hawaii Paradise
and I’m sure it bears a resemblance.
But dear world, even Hawaii,
is a far cry from Heaven.

World, you give us comforts and joys.
Exciting things to see and do.
In you, we have feelings of purpose
as we go about our work.

We have friends and family
we don’t want to ever leave.

When I was dating my, then, boyfriend
long distance, I busied myself
in Pennsylvania while he was in Wyoming.
I made the best of it, but I belonged with him.

And that’s how it is with you, World.
You are not my home. Heaven is.
I belong with Jesus
and everyone there.

Two thousand miles separated me
 from my husband-to-be.
The distance between Heaven and Earth
can’t be measured.

But it’s only a heartbeat away.
For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. Philippians 1:21

1 comment:

Sandi said...

Amen!

“And that’s how it is with you, World.”

That is beautiful!